Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Morning Ride

Rode this morning shortly after getting up.
Dist: 26.0
Avg: 17.4

I initially planned to do a zone 3/4 workout, but after I got out there and warmed up I could tell it just wasn't going to happen.  My legs felt a little stiff, lack of power when accelerating or standing to climb.  Also was a little cold - mid 50s when I started, with a headwind for most of the ride.  Also, I typically don't ride particularly well in the morning.

So I backed off and just rode.  About 2/3 of the way through I caught sight of some riders ahead of me and put the hammer down to catch them.  Turns out it was Will, Bryan, and a new guy riding a softride (lol).  They were taking it very easy, so it was nice to putter along with them for the rest of the ride.

No comments: